Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Web hosting help

I may be considered on the moderate side when it comes to recycling and the environment. I reuse things as many times as possibly can, but I am not exactly in the camp of Sheryl Crowe’s “Just One Square” bathroom usage pledge, if that makes any sense. As far as my computer accessory usage, I take papers that printed out incorrectly and reuse them to jot things down, etcetera. When I am finally done, I shred the sensitive stuff and throw the rest in the recycling bin if it is still clean. Using less paper can be a very good thing as haste makes waste. In fact, many folks that are more progressive about the impact on the environment around them than I am applaud the idea of email instead of putting pen to paper. The idea does occur to me that we may not be using as much paper, but we are certainly using a lot of electricity to save that paper. Tapping away on the computer involves lots of electricity. Over on the WebHostingGeeks blog, I was reading about “green hosts.” I also got some valuable information regarding dedicated servers from their blog. Their website has been rated as the number one guide for selecting the best web hosting service provider.

No comments: